Final Project Proposals
Due: Tuesday, April 3, 2012
For your final project, you’ll explore a specific set of materials, techniques, or applications in depth. You are very welcome (in fact encouraged) to work in groups. The project could take many different forms, including but not limited to:
- A finished garment or other structure with unique functionality, design, or material composition.
- A finished textile with unique functionality or material composition.
- A prototype for a new tool that could help others work with textiles and technology.
- A series of documented material or technique explorations.
The final project proposals will consist of short (10 minute) formal presentations that you will present in class and short online descriptions. Your presentation should include:
- A concise description of your project.
- A preliminary survey of previous work in the area.
- If you are planning a project whose outcome is a specific artifact (ie: a garment), preliminary sketches of the artifact.
- A time line/plan of work.
Create a post on the site for your proposal and add it to the Final Project Proposal Category. Your page should contain a short description and a downloadable version of your presentation.